A.H. Deveney & Company, L.L.C. History
A.H. Deveney & Company was founded in 1916 by Arthur Hood Deveney in Atlanta, GA. The agency was owned by Mr. Deveney until his death in 1954. At that time, the agency was sold to the six salesmen working for Mr. Deveney. The company headquarters were moved to Birmingham, AL where the agency was incorporated that same year. Over time, the agency changed hands as the original salesmen retired and new employees hired. The headquarters remained in Birmingham until July 2000 when it was relocated to Baton Rouge, LA. The current ownership bought the agency in 1995.
Current owners are Mike Mullen and David Coleman. We cover Alabama, Arkansas, Florida Panhandle, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and West Virginia. We employ 8 field reps and 5 inside sales support staff. We maintain a 5,000 square foot warehouse + fenced 3,000 square foot yard and stock many of the products we represent.
- To position A.H. Deveney & Company, L.L.C. as a premier manufacturers representative agency serving the plumbing industry in the Southeastern United States.
- To provide quality representation to our manufacturers by continually increasing sales of their products in the A.H. Deveney & Company, L.L.C territory.
- To provide excellent service to our customers by partnering with our manufacturers to offer top-rated products.
- Plumbing, HVAC, Roofing, and Industrial Wholesalers, Precasters and Concrete OEM.
- Engineers, Architects, and Code Officials.
- Builders and Contractors (pull through).
Value Added Marketing Services:
- Prepare/ Present Quotations and Proposals.
- Products Comparisons and Specifications for Commercial Quotations.
- Online Job Searches and Quotations/ Prior Approvals based on Commercial Jobs throughout the AHDeveney Territory.
- Product Training, Certification, and Troubleshooting.
- Sales Forecasts — Monthly, Quarterly , and Annually (depending on Manufacturer).
- Sales Performance Monitored by Sales Results, Orders, and Call Reports.
- Direct Mailings/ E-Mails based on leads from manufacturers or requests from target customers.
- Trade Show Participation: Local, State, Regional, and National.
- Sales Literature: Deveney Data Newsletter, Team AHDeveney Catalog.
- Warehouse: Ability to ship same-day both consigned and buy/sell stock from our Baton Rouge Warehouse.
A.H. Deveney & Company, L.L.C. offers:
- Thorough market coverage and penetration with a track record of generating annual increases and successfully promoting our lines.
- A Sales Coordinator for each product line, to act as liaison between the manufacturer and the sales representatives. The Sales Coordinator (a) analyzes both internal and factory generated monthly computer print outs of sales to improve sales performance; and (b) communicates new product information and marketing suggestions to the A.H. Deveney & Company, L.L.C. sales representatives to insure sales growth.
- Local territory representatives with thorough field training and in-depth knowledge of their products and market.